Change the world
Become an Acton Academy Guide
Primary Montessori Guide
Acton Academy Waco is seeking a Montessori guide (primary, ages 4-6) who is ready to change the world of education.
Do you believe that children are more powerful than we ever imagined? Do you believe that children should be the agents and primary drivers of their learning, the entrepreneurs of their own education and life calling? Do you believe that Montessori principles are the best foundation for life's journey?
If your answer to all these questions is "yes!", we'd love to explore how you can join our team of passionate Montessorians, entrepreneurs, and innovators working to launch Acton Academy Waco!
This could be the perfect position for you if you've completed your Montessori training or your first year(s) of guiding and are ready for a more entrepreneurial opportunity.
What is Acton Academy?
Acton Academy of Waco is a school that guides each child on a journey to develop a growth mindset and discover a calling.
Acton Academy Waco will open its doors for the first time in September 2018, so this is an opportunity to be an integral part of the building of an innovative, game-changing school. We will open our Primary Studio (ages 4-6) and our Elementary Studio (ages 7-11) in Waco, TX.
Acton Academy Waco is an independent affiliate of Acton Academy, founded in 2009 in Austin, Texas. The Acton network includes 81 "learner-driven" schools across the United States and around the world.
You will help build out a brand new primary classroom, in a lovely inviting studio. You will then guide 10-12 children in our inaugural year, delivering an exceptional program that supports the individual needs of the children in accordance with Maria Montessori's philosophy and vision. Consistent with that vision, you will observe, track and evaluate individual children's progress. Additionally, you will work with the Acton Elementary guide to help provide a smooth transition for children into the older Acton classroom.
We are looking for someone with a deep curiosity about life, a lifelong love of learning, and an entrepreneurial spirit (must thrive in a startup environment). She/he will be responsible for facilitating a nurturing and joyful studio culture. We seek someone who has:
- Montessori training.
- Experience working with children (ages 4-6 preferred), even if this experience was prior to receiving Montessori training.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to experiment, evaluate, and improve on everything she/he does.
- A willingness to be coached and mentored.
- A passion for the Montessori philosophy and the discipline to embody Montessori values at all times.
- A deep respect for all children and empathy for the challenges children face in their lives.
- A commitment to practicing gentle, compassionate limit setting.
- A strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues, and a steadfast sense of professionalism.
- Acton offers a competitive salary plus a bonus structure based on performance. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth, and advancement.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, how the position is part of your own "hero's journey" and how you heard about this opportunity to [email protected]. Use "Montessori Primary Guide" as the subject of the email.